Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Timeline

            “I think we need to take a look back at everything that has occurred, break it down into a timeline,” Brent instructs.
            “I agree,” I say. “We didn’t expect all of this in the beginning.”
            “All of this?” Dan spits incredulous. “I didn’t expect any of it. It was supposed to be a simple retrieval. Now we’re looking of this masked fellow Kez, we have two dumbos on our back, and someone just blew-up our headquarters. So what of that were you expecting?”
            “The two dumbos,” I reply.
            “If you two are done cuddling up there, will you kindly follow me?” Brent asks moving into a conference room.
            We all follow as though he enchanted us with some source of sorcery, though it’s most likely his sound logic. The room carries a long table with chairs surrounding it long way facing the large monitor hugging the wall. Brent leans into one of the masterful chairs while I lean on the table at the far most corner in front of the monitor. T.B. walks up buddy-buddy to the monitor like he was a child giving a presentation in school.  Dan leans against the table on the other foremost corner. Could he be more copycat like?
            “So,” T.B. begins bringing up a large timeline onto the monitor. “We became involved with this case when Samuel Winters hired us to locate these flash drives,” A plot is placed onto the timeline. “Samuel Winters told us that these flash drives were from his law firm and were encrypted. But based on the huge problem we had with decoding his encryptions, I believe he was lying to us. But why did he want us on the case?”
            “We’ll figure that out after we have the full picture,” Brent states swiping his hand in that pretentious keep going manner.
            “Next, Rose and I went to Winter’s office to survey the location of its theft. We found Brute 1’s fingerprint.” Another dot was placed onto the timeline. “Then Dan made a composite of notes on Brute 1 and his comforts and mannerisms. By doing this we were able to close down his possible area of residence and who he was committing his thefts with, of course, Brute 2.” There goes another dot. “Brent made a compilation of empty warehouses and construction projects in the 10 mile radius Dan created. We were able to narrow it down to two possible places: a warehouse on the far right of the radius to the town house under construction after Sandy. Rose went to the warehouse and Dan to the townhouse.”
            “It’s still stupid you didn’t wait for me,” Dan intervenes.
            “Why so you could be my knight in shining armor?” I ask.
            “Well. Yes.”
            “It’s not how my fairytale goes,” I remark.
            “Enough,” Brent states firmly.
            “Of course the Brutes happened to be residing in the warehouse.” A new dot is born onto the timeline. “Rose retrieved the flash drive, and of course a stunning exit off of stage. Kudos by the way,” T.B. says bowing to me.
            “It’s always nice to be appreciated,” I state taking a wide curtsy.
            “However, something on those flash drives are encrypted and self-destructive so our headquarters were destroyed.” One more dot. “The Brutes are working for this masked figure Kez who wants these flash drives for a reason.” And there goes the last dot.
            “So Mr. Winter’s has lied to us and Kez is after them,” I repeat.
            “It appears so,” Brent states getting up. He slowly strides up to the board and takes a fierce stare at it. As though a stare down would work on a monitor.
            “So are Kez and Mr. Winter’s working together?” Dan asks.
            “But Winter had the flash drives he didn’t need to steal them. Though I doubt those flash drives only have legal documents now, I also predict it must look bad for him having lost these, even though they were stolen. T.B. and I both saw an actual office, so what could it possibly be that he’s not telling us?” I ask.
            “I think it’s time we ask him, don’t you?” Brent turns me.

            “Hell yeah I do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment