Monday, June 30, 2014

A Special Touch

            Dan and I strive into what I have coined the T.B. Project. He’s there, he’s here, he’s on that, he’s under that, he’s everywhere, and nowhere long enough to catch him. Scurrying from one monitor to another, cords draped along his arms and his button down shirt making it’s way down. “You want to catch T.B.?” I ask Dan.
            “Not particularly,” he replies.
            “Will you catch Dan?” I ask.
            “For a price.”
            “What’s your price?”
            “One kiss?”
            “How about I don’t tell Brent your use of the company gadgets to woo females at bars?”
            “That works too,” off Dan goes trailing T.B. and shouting as he goes. When T.B. gets this way, it’s very hard to get him out of his zone, Dan tends to be the one with the best track record in beating him back into reality.
            “Look who finally decides to show-up,” Brent bounds.
            “Excuse me Mr. Prudent, I was a little busy at the moment,” I say climbing the stairs to his littler cavern.
            “What did you find out?”
            “A fellow known as Kez hired the Brutes to track down the flash drives. I don’t know why, but I know he covered his tracks very well. He calls the Brutes on a cellphone he arranged for them, that doesn’t record his number to send them to various pick-up spots for their assignments. The Brutes should be getting out of their predicament soon, so we’ll see soon if they truly can’t call him.”
            “Good work Rose.”
            “Thanks. Now you, what did you find out?”
            “The explosion was very central to our offices, specifically the flash drive’s position. It was measured accurately and by a professional. It was also a controlled experiment, whoever shot us down wanted to make sure they only got us and not anyone around us. “
            “Could it be government espionage or something of that nature?”
            “Sounds likely by the car of bystanders. However, the government is not usually keen to loosing their toys.”
            “Then what is it?”
            “I’m not sure. I think most of this won’t make sense until we combine all of those flash drives.”
            “I just hope there is a way we can get ahead of Kez in this hunt, if we have to keep following him, it’s going to cause us more danger than most.”
            “What are you guys discussing up here without me?” Dan asks striding into the on-look with T.B. following.
            “How you ever snapped T.B. back I will never know,” I say.
            “I just have a special touch,” Dan says. “You’re welcome to find out what that touch feels like anytime.”
            “I’m assuming that T.B. taught you that touch, so maybe I should just go to the source,” I fire back.
            “Anyway,” T.B. interjects. “First off, I’m prepping the control system downstairs to be off of the grid and hide our spectrums as well as emit opposite signals, as a prevention method from another attack.”
            “Thank God, we’re running out of headquarters,” Brent sighs.

            “Secondly,” T.B. states. “I did teach Dan that touch.”

No comments:

Post a Comment